How to know if your Air Ducts are Clogged and How to Fix Them? Some great tips
Many people install an HVAC system in their properties, whether it is residential or business, and most of them don’t really know much about the system in depth. So, even the most minor problems might seem intimidating to them. Instead of panicking, there are some things that you can do for fixing the problem with your HVAC system.
If you notice that your property is suffering from some of the symptoms of clogged air ducts, then you must know that there are certain causes behind it. The following are a few ways to determine if your air ducts are really clogged or not.
- Are the temperatures in different rooms of your building different?
- Has your energy bill spiked up in recent months? More than what you expected with the change of seasons?
One of the biggest and most common symptoms of clogged air ducts is the difference of temperatures in different parts or rooms of your building. The reason behind this is quite simple, and that is, if a particular air duct is clogged then air is cut off only to some rooms in the building and not all of them, hence, making the difference in temperatures. And because those rooms or areas of your building cannot reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat, the HVAC system tends to work harder and harder so as to cool or heat the room in a better way but just in vain.
The following are some of the ways in which you can determine if your air ducts are clogged or not, and how you can fix this problem.
- First and foremost, you must ensure that there are no furniture or wall hangings that are covering or blocking any of your vents. If they are even somewhere close to the vents, make sure that you dust them regularly. If you get careless and let a lot of dust gather on your vents, then chances are not the full amount of air would come from the duct.
- Leaky and damaged ductwork can also lead to the clogging of your air ducts. You can check this through a flashlight and look down as far as possible into your air ducts. If you find any loose opening or seams in any of your ducts, make sure to get in touch with one of the best air duct cleaners and repairers in order to get it fixed effectively.
- Another thing to check for is the air filters. You must change the air filters regularly, but some people tend to forget about it and pay the price. So, make sure to check these because if they are found to be dirty and clogged, they have the tendency to prevent sufficient airflow or even make your HVAC system to circulate poor quality of air throughout your property.
These might seem to be simple fixes for some, but for others, it might be uncomfortable. If you are one of the latter then make sure to contact a reliable air duct cleaning and maintenance service and get your HVAC working efficiently yet again.